Saturday, October 25, 2008

GGBLOG - Trading Time

Just got back from from the Trading and Investing Expo here in Sydney and boy was that the best $15 that I've spent in a while.

There were some pretty heavy hitting speakers throughout the day below are a few that really caught my attention:

1) Larry Williams

Larry is a high profile American speaker who has
traded futures & commodities for over 40 years. He is
the creator of the “Darlings of the Dow” concept and
fund. He is the winner of the World Cup real time
Trading Championship with +11,000%

2) Joe DiNapoli

Joe’s exhaustive investigations into Displaced Moving
Averages, his creation of the proprietary Oscillator Predictor and MACD Predictor and in particular, his practical and unique method of applying Fibonacci
ratios to the price axis, makes him one of today’s most
sought after experts.

What does this have to do with technology?

In the financial markets industry a couple of milliseconds can mean the difference between winning or loosing millions of dollars. I really think cloud computing and grid technologies have a great use case in this domain.

My goal is to learn how to think and breath like the best traders in the world and then marry that up with my technology skills. I'm already finding in my early financial markets learning that I already possess some analytical skills which I can leverage.

No comments: